Interim advice for preparedness and response to cases of COVID-19 at points of entry in the European Union (EU)/EEA Member States (MS)
This interim advice was prepared after a request from the European Commission's Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety (DG SANTE).
An ad-hoc working group was established with members from the EU HEALTHY GATEWAYS joint action consortium.
The scope of the advice provided in this document is to assist public health authorities in developing their short-term and long-term national and local preparedness plans. It further contains useful advice for the air and the maritime transport sectors.
This first version of advice addresses issues of air and maritime transportation. There are also rail connections between China and Europe. The working group will address issues for ground crossings in the next version of the advice.
GUIDANCE for 2019-nCoV from WHO, ECDC, US CDC
World Health Organization
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Interim Guidance for Ships on Managing 2019 Novel Coronavirus. 10 February 2020. Retrieved 12/2/2020, from https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/maritime/recommendations-for-ships.html
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus: Interim Health Guidance for Air Carrier and Crews. 02 February 2020. Retrieved 10/2/2020, from https://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviation_industry/airline_operators/airline_safety/safo/all_safos/media/2020/SAFO20001.pdf
- Interim Recommendations for Airline Crew: Novel Coronavirus in China. Updated Jan 17, 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/air/managing-sick-travelers/ncov-airlines.html
- Information for Healthcare Professionals. 2020 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/guidance-hcp.html
- Interim Guidance for Healthcare Professionals. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/clinical-criteria.html
- Interim Guidance for Implementing Home Care of People Not Requiring Hospitalization for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). January 18, 2020 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/guidance-home-care.html
- Interim Guidance for Preventing 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) from Spreading to Others in Homes and Communities. from https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/guidance-prevent-spread.html
- Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens from Patients Under Investigation (PUIs) for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). January 17, 2020 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/guidelines-clinical-specimens.html
- Interim Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients Under Investigation for 2019 Novel Coronavirus. January 18, 2020 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/infection-control.html
- Interim Laboratory Biosafety Guidelines for Handling and Processing Specimens Associated with 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). January 17, 2020 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/lab-biosafety-guidelines.html
- Novel Coronavirus in China. 06 January 2020 https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/watch/novel-coronavirus-china
- Outbreak of Pneumonia of Unknown Etiology (PUE) in Wuhan, China. 8 January 2020 https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/HAN00424.asp?deliveryName=USCDC_511-DM16877
- Latest situation of reported cases of Severe Respiratory Disease associated with a Novel Infectious Agent. 21 January 2020 https://www.chp.gov.hk/files/pdf/enhanced_sur_pneumonia_wuhan_eng.pdf
Last update: 17/02/2020